Author Topic: Trip #5 11-9 thru 11-12  (Read 2812 times)

bstolton

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Trip #5 11-9 thru 11-12
« on: November 18, 2012, 04:59:35 PM »
Rolled into Bishop Friday evening just in time for dinner, after checking the weather we decided it would be best to stay out of the high country in the morning. Tried our luck at PVR Saturday morning, it was pretty slow, C&R about 5-6 but I worked my ass off, throwing everything I had. Caught one brown about 18 oz., not quite that 18lber I kept dreaming about.

Around noon we decided to head north and ended up at RCL, It was 20 and partly cloudy when we got there. It started snowing shortly after we got there, deja vue, just like last year only this time the fish weren’t biting.

Sunday morning we drove up to Virginia Lakes, little Virginia was frozen like last year but Big Virginia was looking good. Once again we fished hard and my buddy and I C&R about 7-8 fish each, but nothing worth keeping. I must have tried 8 or more colors of PW`s and every color of TB I had, while soaking inflated NC`s and Berkley pinched crawlers, for no love from the big boys.

Monday morning we drove up to Convict Lake and took the trail about half way to the inlet. Once again it was tuff fishing, I fished mostly PW`s and pinched crawlers for about 5-6 stockers. This time I kept a few as I was determined to have a fish dinner when I got home.

Even though it wasn`t WFO like the last couple of years, we still enjoyed our end of season adventure.
gone fishn, hope to be catchn soon !

TEX

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
Re: Trip #5 11-9 thru 11-12
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 07:42:27 PM »
Beats workin?  A good time though! Nice pictures. The one with the sun looks like a volcano.... Thanks for extending my season for a few days!
The E.S. is where I come to get back to sanity and to the real me.

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 09:27:08 PM »
It may have been a little cold but it dosen't look like you had any wind and just look at that scenery! I sure wish I were up there instead of hear, thanks for the report.

fishpole

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 11:29:13 PM »
Beauful pictures and great report. Thanks for sharing  :clap: :clap: :clap: