Author Topic: Flies  (Read 5644 times)

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« on: April 08, 2012, 01:08:56 PM »
I used to buy my flies at the Blue Fly Cafe. Great prices at .50 a fly.  It looks like they have closed their doors. Not to worry I found a new place that has flies starting at .65 and they are said to be quality. Happy fishing.

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Flies
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »
Thanks, I knew that Blue Fly had shut down. I'm about ready to place an order for some flys, I'll check the site out when I have more time.

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 10:51:08 PM »
Thanks for the link Dusty.  ;D

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 03:47:01 PM »
Yeah dusty, itís too bad about Blue Fly. Iíve purchased flies from them and Big Y Fly for years.
I haven't tried Fly Stop. However, I recently received my first order from Stream Flies
They offer patterns for fifty cents along with free shipping. The quality seems pretty good although my first impression is that the construction and materials of the Big Y product is somewhat better. Iím anxious to see how they work out. Keep you posted.

Underwear Bomber

• Administrator
  • Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 07:45:44 AM »
I just tie my own!  Honestly, I don't have any idea how they can sell them for that cheap and make a profit.  They must make them in China or something.   :D

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 11:23:38 AM »
they are made in the philipines and Kenya or other african countries.
One of my fly supplier is a retired man that does great work, I buy his at about $0.85 shipped and they are great.