Author Topic: Good Bye  (Read 10290 times)

Bestfrets

• Junior Creeker
  • Saugus,CA
    • View Profile
Good Bye
« on: December 13, 2012, 05:39:58 PM »

I lost my brother In-law last Saturday night to T-Cell lymphoma. This is Ron and his Wife Jen on one of our trips to rock creek. Please pray for his Wife Jen and there boy's Weston he's 15,Brenen he's 10 and Caden he's 7. I will miss him so very much and our trips to the creek :'(
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:48:23 PM by Bestfrets »

Fredb

Re: Good Bye
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 06:16:19 PM »
Sorry for your loss, he leaves behind such a young family. Our prayers are with you and your family -Fredb

Gary C.

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 07:03:52 PM »
I'm sorry for your loss also, prayers to everyone for comfort and serenity.

beldingi

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
    • Mateo Lab
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 08:57:49 PM »
So sorry for your and your family's loos, BestFrets. So young, and at a difficult time of year. Perhaps some healing can continue at the Creek.

fishpole

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 09:03:27 PM »
Sorry for your loss. Try and remember the good times.

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 09:03:33 AM »
oh such sad news!!!     so sorry to hear.
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

TEX

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 11:05:51 AM »
Best thought and prayers to the young family. From now on your trips to the Creek w/b very special with him still by your side with memories.
The E.S. is where I come to get back to sanity and to the real me.

fshrsmn

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 01:24:14 PM »
So sorry to hear of your loss. A few others on this board, along with myself, has had some hard good byes to say as well. Healing comes through the good memories made, but also in the ones shared with fellow creekers. Our prayers will go out for you, his wife, his children, and family during this time of loss. You may even find a deeper connection now with the creek...I know I did.
That small voice calling my name is the mountains,
and I must obey.

RockNCreekGirl

• Eastern Sierra Legend
  • Creek Girl for Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 09:11:00 PM »
So sorry for your loss.  I hope you and your family find peace and comfort in the memories you share of your loved one.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. 
The creek is waiting...

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 07:57:25 AM »
Your loss is heartfelt.  Be strong and cherish your memories as I know you will.  Our prayers are with you and the family.
Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.

Sierraslam

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 10:18:28 AM »
Really sorry. Such young kids. You're more than just an uncle now. Thoughts to your family.

Topwater Terry

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 02:03:36 PM »
That is tough,  sorry for your loss.  I too have lost people who were close to me who had a love of the Sierras.  Hopefully your future trips to the canyon will give you a bit of peace knowing that your loved one in a way will always be there with you..
Once I arrive at Tom's Place...well,  you know...nothing else matters...

Bestfrets

• Junior Creeker
  • Saugus,CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 03:51:04 PM »
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!
It will be my job to make sure his kids don't miss out on Rock Creek  :camping: :fishing3:  :pie2:

Michael.

teejay

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 08:43:33 PM »
It will be my job to make sure his kids don't miss out on Rock Creek 

Hopefully, we all can help you out with that.

Bestfrets

• Junior Creeker
  • Saugus,CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 07:16:59 AM »
Thanks Teejay!
I can't wait to take the boy's this spring  :camping:

Bestfrets

• Junior Creeker
  • Saugus,CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 08:18:26 AM »
My family is going to Disneyland for three day with my brother in-laws wife and kids. He told the kids that when he was felling better he would take them. A family in a church where he was a youth pastor a few years ago bought the family season tickets  :clap:

fshrsmn

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 12:17:14 PM »
I never met him, but I would venture to believe this put a smile on his face. It also sounds from his past affiliations that he is definitely in a good place! You have stepped up to a very important place in his family's needs. I am sure you will also be blessed through this. Hopefully someday we can all gather around a fire and tell happy stories of those gone on before us.
and I must obey.

Bestfrets

• Junior Creeker
  • Saugus,CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 12:00:01 PM »
I never met him, but I would venture to believe this put a smile on his face. It also sounds from his past affiliations that he is definitely in a good place! You have stepped up to a very important place in his family's needs. I am sure you will also be blessed through this. Hopefully someday we can all gather around a fire and tell happy stories of those gone on before us.

Disneyland was great! the kids had a great time and my feet are sore from all that walking. We stayed at the Grand California Hotel, I love this hotel. There was ten of us on this trip and no major issues other than feeling like a cat wrangler most of the time. I'm now planning a spring time fishing trip to french camp with the boy's.

Trev Dog

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 01:52:25 PM »
Looks like the healing process has started and I'm sure your up coming trip will let the boys know that the things they did with their father will still be part of their lives.

Happy :fishing3:

bj

• East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 02:54:40 PM »
Just returned from a week in Texas and was very saddened to hear of the loss to your family.
" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock

Bestfrets

• Junior Creeker
  • Saugus,CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 07:59:00 AM »
Thank you.
Yes the healing has begun and will be a very long road for some. we as a family have sighed up for and have started a grief share group.
The boys are very excited to go camping up at the creek, I'm trying to set up a trip a week or two after the opener.

Thank you all!

fshrsmn

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 08:48:56 AM »
Thank you.
Yes the healing has begun and will be a very long road for some. we as a family have sighed up for and have started a grief share group.
The boys are very excited to go camping up at the creek, I'm trying to set up a trip a week or two after the opener.

Thank you all!

As a counselor this made me very excited for all of you. You ARE on the right path. Many never consider this support system available. Best wishes as you all venture through, what will be, a positive journey together.
and I must obey.

Bestfrets

• Junior Creeker
  • Saugus,CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2013, 07:37:03 AM »
As a counselor this made me very excited for all of you. You ARE on the right path. Many never consider this support system available. Best wishes as you all venture through, what will be, a positive journey together.

Thank you!

Bestfrets

• Junior Creeker
  • Saugus,CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 09:25:11 AM »
Well since we have season passes, we picked up my brother in-laws youngest boy after school and went to Disneyland. It's nice to go and just stroll around not being in a hurry and trying to get on every ride before closing. There we were standing in line for soring over California, when my nephew started eating his tube of flavored sugar, it was not my idea on getting that stuff! well he though he could eat the whole thing at once, bad idea. He started choking and is lips were turning blue, luckily that was only from the blue sugar. Got him to raise his hands above his head and to breath through his nose, that helped till we could get him a sip of his water. he's fine, but it's always an adventure with my nephews!