Author Topic: trip 2  (Read 2660 times)

Sierraslam

trip 2
« on: February 01, 2013, 09:38:35 AM »
Trip 2 was a good one. Fished PVR on our way to Mammoth and got a few descent size Rainbows. Saturday It was a little slow until the stock truck from Hot Creek Hatchery showed up. Watched him dump in 100's of 12 to 16 inch Rainbows. Only problem was he backed his truck so far down the ramp he got stuck. We tried to help him out but no way. He called Water & Power and they got him out. Bummer because he was going to come back with a second load, but after a 1 hour delay he said he come back Monday. No worries, caught lots of trout for the fish fry. Sunday I skied half day to see if I still had it in me. Luckily I was able to get down the hill pretty good. Monday was great! No crowds and fresh snow! Still a little sore, but it was well worth the effort. At 99.00 for a full day pass + rental, I usually will only ski during the week. Hard to believe I once skied Mammoth Mountain for 18.00 for a full day. Next trip will be in March for the Blake Jones Trout Derby. Good fishin! P.s. The next time I forget my camera and video cam, I'll turn around even if I'm all the way to Lone Pine! I think that's 3 trips in a row now. Come on man! Go Niners!

charlie

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
Re: trip 2
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 02:12:35 PM »
Sounds like a fun trip, but we're not going to take excuses of no pictures lightly from now on. :photographer: or  >:( 
Glad you got to go and catch fish and take some runs. Remember : camera, must bring camera.

Gary C.

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 02:18:46 PM »
Sounds like a great cure for cabin fever. I really need to get out somewhere.

fishpole

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 03:44:25 PM »
Sounds like a fun combo trip even if you forgot camera.  Is that a skifsh or fshski trip. ? :lol2:

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 05:57:16 PM »
Good times!!!!

Ok everyone... We need to remember to remind keith about his camera before his next trip...

Or maybe you should mail to yourself ahead of time to toms:)?? And pick it up there.
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

OldSarge

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 10:28:42 PM »
Forgetting the camera sucks!
I've done it, and it usually happens that a really good photo op presents itself.

I suggest a cheap digital that uses AA batteries. You can leave it in the camp/fish vehicle as a back-up.

OldSarge
Smokey's watching you!