Author Topic: Trail Hazard  (Read 1670 times)

bj

• East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Trail Hazard
« on: April 06, 2013, 04:19:10 PM »
Looked like someone had killed this but before I passed it, I prodded it with a walking stick and it moved a little. Kept fiddling with it then the tongue came out and it became a little more active. When I finally went around it, it made a feeble strike at me so not sure whether it recovered or not but it was pretty PO'd. No scale in the pic but it was about 4 ft long.

" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Trail Hazard
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 04:43:40 PM »
Looks like spring has sprung:)
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 10:00:24 PM »
It looks like good sized snake. I suppose he was trying to warm his blood up a little bit more than anything else. I'm glad you saw him and didn't step on him to find out just how lively he could be.

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 07:59:14 AM »
I seen a couple of rattlesnakes last year in Yosemite, at about 8,000 feet high!  I just stay clear of them. :shooting:
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

fshrsmn

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 11:46:53 AM »
Living proof that the saying "there's no snakes in the high country" is an old wives tale. I have heard many people tell me this and when I tell them that that is not the truth they get offended. Better to be offended than snake bit!
"Don't get no better than this!"