Author Topic: How are the creeks flowing?  (Read 1966 times)

Acquaman

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
How are the creeks flowing?
« on: June 05, 2013, 05:00:55 PM »
Coming up Saturday for a 4 day trip.  Just curios how the creeks are flowing below RCL and what are the hot lures right now?  How are the mosquitos as well?  Any input would be most appreciated. 

Tight Lines
Acquaman

Topwater Terry

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: How are the creeks flowing?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 06:28:00 PM »
I wish I could tell you,  but I am not there.  I suspect the creeks are decent now but won't be late in the season.  As for the skeeters,  they are like the weather,  prepare for anything and hope for the best :clap: :clap:
Once I arrive at Tom's Place...well,  you know...nothing else matters...

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 07:08:36 PM »
I just got back Tuesday,, creek is lower than normal but creek was not stocked for the 5 days I up there,,, saw no fish in the creek at all..

Acquaman

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 06:55:14 AM »
Anyone know if DFG will stock this week, like hopefully Saturday morning?  Any current fishing reports on the lake?  Any lunkers plucked out this year?  Can't wait to get up there and disconnect from reality for a few days.

Tight Lines
Tony

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 08:03:14 AM »
I know they didn't stock last week as I was up there... The few people I talked to that fished the lake did poorly... I fished the lake last Friday evening for two hours throwing lures and never had a bite. There were very few people up there while I was there for 5 days..

SN

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 11:01:01 AM »
try this link and see if it helps
works for me.

http://www.thetroutfly.com/fishreport.html

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 12:45:01 PM »
The DFG site says their stocking Rock Creek Lake and the creek the week of June 2nd, which usually means stocking this Wednesday or Thursday, so they will be waiting for you!  As for lunkers, biggest I heard so far this season is a 5 + pounder, several 4 pounders and many 2 + lbs. from the Lake and Creek.  They’re there for the catching.  Happy fishing!
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."