Author Topic: Some Snow, Ice and a Few Fish  (Read 1916 times)

bj

• East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Some Snow, Ice and a Few Fish
« on: June 06, 2013, 04:19:32 PM »

Tried to post this a few times but each time I'd add a few pics from Photobucket, this site would disconnect. Will try again. Headed up to Leevining May 17 with the plan to hike up to the Gaylor Lakes on Saturday. Stopped by RCL for a few minutes and managed one fat boy at the boat ramp. Didn;t see any other action while we were there. Went up to the trailhead at Tioga Pass Saturday AM but there was too much snow and ice to attempt the steep hike. So went over to CSI and had the usual mid day Zero. Sunday went up above Virginia Lakes and ran into several snow banks on the trail but made it up to the Frog Lakes. They were ice free but Cooney Lake on the way up was still partially frozen. Threw every lure and fly I had with me and saw only one fish. Monday we went up to the lakes above Leavitt Meadows where we found a few hungry, very colorful Cutts in the 18" range. That made up for the slow days! Back down to Lone Pine for the night and then home Tuesday. Will post this and then see if I can add a few pics in Part 2.
" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock

Sierraslam

Re: Some Snow, Ice and a Few Fish
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 09:43:07 AM »
Great trip! I'd love to see a picture of those Cutt's! Great looking trout!