Author Topic: Camping Alone  (Read 1700 times)

Wilderness Woman

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
Camping Alone
« on: June 19, 2013, 08:57:16 PM »
Hello there: I am going camping and hiking by myself to Rock Creek Lake -  :tent:  I have never been to this campground, is it considered a fairly safe one (aside from the regular bears and other beastly beasts)  for camping by oneself? I may be taking my 110 lb. dog, but have not decided yet. Any recommendations or comments from women who have done the same?

Thanks!

WW

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Camping Alone
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 09:10:54 PM »
i have camped in east fork by myself... while i have known others that were in other sites at the same time, i had my site to myself.    with that, i would say GO FOR IT!   

i have found the campgrounds to be mainly full of families, retired folks, and hardcore fisher folk..  all full of good mornings each day. 

introduce yourself to the camp host, and i am sure they will take an extra swing by your site just to check in and say hi.

i know mimi from this board camps there by herself often, and i have never heard of one issue from her.  if it were closer to me, i would camp there more often as well. 
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

Wilderness Woman

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 10:20:22 PM »
Thanks for the information, Little Hardrock, this is helpful.

Do you know what time of day there is a good chance of getting a walk-in site (mid-week)? I'd imagine right around check out time in the afternoon. Any suggestions?

WW

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 09:45:48 AM »
I am with Little Hardrock Go For It ! Although I have not camped there by myself I have seen,met several women camping alone while there with my family ... it always impresses me  :bowdown: I personally would camp at one of the lower campgrounds ,the lake would be my last choice but that is my Personnel preference.  :camping:  I would try
The Creek is Waiting...