Author Topic: My boys  (Read 1906 times)

AnnalisaR

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
My boys
« on: June 25, 2013, 08:13:29 PM »
The thread about closing RC made me think about how much the creek means to all of us.  For my boys it is a place to recover after a hard school year.  We head up the day after the last day of school.  Decompress and realize how beautiful the world can be.  Very grateful for the creek, the lake and all the memories.  We love the Eastern Sierras!

June 2006 Age 5 at RCL

June 2013 Age 12 at RC the part that they call "smooth running". 

Here is my husband, kids and fur babies last week in LLV

playingmenace

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: My boys
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 08:40:47 PM »
Great post Annalisa.

I'd welcome you to the board but I believe you have been coming around for awhile, haven't you?

There is a therapeutic value to the Eastern Slope, especially at Rock Creek.

Glad you had another successful trip.
Life without music, laughter, and an Eastern Slope BBQ would be a mistake.

Remember Wounded Warriors

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:15:58 PM »
kids, dogs, sierras.... it doesnt get. etter than that:)

and welcome!
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

Fredb

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 10:02:12 PM »
Your kids sure have grown since you first started posting.
What a great place to enjoy the outdoors (and pie). Thanks for sharing your family with us, by the way my three year old  granddaughter is named Annalise.

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 06:56:45 AM »
I loved the look on your boys face on your first picture with the fish!  I parents came hear in 1948 and discovered this gem.  They took me hear at 5 and I caught my first fish,  I brought my kits hear many times over the years, so it's in our blood now.  Great pictures.
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 07:07:58 AM »
Great pictures ! My daughter's first trip was at 1 , site 107 Eastfork, my Son's first trip was at 10 Months. , Convict Lake .My best memories as a Kid were camping in the sierra's starting when I was 3
 :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Creek is Waiting...

AnnalisaR

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 09:56:51 AM »
Thanks everyone.  Yes it is definitely in our blood.  My husband and I started camping when we here dating.  First started at Grant Lake.  After marriage and a 3 year residence in Wisconsin we moved back to So Cal and started taking our boys camping in the Sierras.  We discovered Rock Creek on one of our many "let's see what is down this road" diversions.  It has been our home away from home since.  I am so blessed that everyone in our family has a great love for it. Worried our little girl wouldn't be so inclined but turns out she loves her pink fishing pole and won our family fishing derby two days this last trip.  This is our place as a family to disconnect from the busy life and reconnect with ourselves and each other.