Author Topic: Utah Memorial Day Weekend 2013  (Read 2353 times)

incrediblehuck

• Weekender
    • View Profile
Utah Memorial Day Weekend 2013
« on: July 29, 2013, 12:54:03 PM »
I have been wanting to share this report for a while.  I went to Utah for Memorial Day weekend with Andrew.  If you want locations feel free to PM and Iím down to share.  The trip was more of an exploratory trip with some sightseeing involved as well. The first two days we fished wind played a major factor, however on Monday the fishing was off the hook once the wind was gone.  Iím just going to post up some pics for your enjoyment. 

Here is the first day.  We did some sightseeing on the way up and took our time getting there, but 4x4 in to our campsite which was at 10,500í.  What is nice is all the wilderness camping available here.

Second day to lakes we had to 4x4 up into and then our campsite the 2nd night.  This was our first day fishing and got into beautiful areas away from all of the crowds.  Saw lots of signs of wildlife up here too.

The third day we did some more sightseeing on our way back to our bread and butter lake which we would fish on Memorial Day morning.  Got to test Andrewís new jeep out to the limits!

On the last day we hit one of our favorite lakes for one of the most wide open bites I have ever seen.  There was a hatch of mosquitoes and gnats going off and the fish were hitting everything.  I lost about a 3# brown right at the shore, while Andrew managed a beautiful tiger trout that was 3.5#.  The majority of the fish I caught here were all cutthroats and they do fight hard! On the way back we stopped at Brian Head for some amazing views!

On the way home we went the long way around Baker by going down to the 40 through Vegas.  Even though it was longer, it was better than sitting in traffic for the same amount of time.

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Utah Memorial Day Weekend 2013
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 02:06:10 PM »
Fantastic!    i love utah!!

thank you for sharing all of those photos!  what a great trip!
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

incrediblehuck

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 02:51:19 PM »
Fantastic!    i love utah!!

thank you for sharing all of those photos!  what a great trip!

Thanks!  It was definitely an awesome trip!  The bug hatch on Panguitch was insane!  It was a mixture of mosquitoes and gnats.

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 03:13:19 PM »
A really great post, IH.  Absolutely love seeing all your pictures.  What an "incredible" trip for the Incrediblehuck!  Very cool and much appreciated.
Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.

charlie

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 04:37:54 PM »
Thanks, Huck!!!!!!!!!    What a great trip and report. Thanks for the gazillion great pics.  I love the Sierra, but that ranks up there, too.  Wow.  Glad you found some  awesome fishing.  A++++++ report.

Charlie

Marine One

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 08:32:03 PM »
Your reports always amaze me! This one is no exception! Very good job on the report. I love the pics! Not only is the fishing off the hook but your report is not on the hook at all, it's all NET! You landed and amazing report!