Author Topic: bonked  (Read 2517 times)

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
bonked
« on: August 16, 2013, 03:43:27 PM »
ok, i just got bonked on the head with a falling acorn...  i have noticed a few on the ground in the last few days....  i have also spotted a few trees starting to turn colors....    isnt this a bit early?    are we in for an early winter?    now wouldnt that be grand!    :)
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Re: bonked
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 11:29:47 AM »
I just read on another site about lots of people seeing early color changes. It may just be a very early and cold winter.

fishpole

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 02:39:44 PM »
And maybe our current drought has something to do with it, but lets just hope it's an early winter with TONS OF SNOW.  :clap:

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 03:23:48 PM »
this probably has nothing to do with the upcoming weather,,, but the halloween candy and decorations were out at the grocery store today,,,,  yikes!

fshrsmn

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 03:30:18 PM »
I noticed driving in on the 17th at RCL that a few aspens were a little yellow color instead of the bright green one would expect during the summer. I didn't think too much of it until I read this post. Let's hope for a wet and wild winter!
"Don't get no better than this!"

Marine One

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 10:06:47 PM »
We went to Las Vegas and full blown holloween stores are up and running

woodfish

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 09:17:55 AM »
I find it funny that everyone is talking about the fall "colors"....and the Halloween stores being stocked and open already.  As for the "colors".....mother nature works in mysterious ways....and your right this may be the sign of an early winter this year.  A local arborist told me years ago that trees can become confused....by both the weather.....(hot then cold...then hot again) as well as the rainfall amounts and timing of that rain.  Although we have a calendar to track the time of year...they use the natural signs / conditions to determine what they should do next.  Daylight as we all know is also a determining factor...but when it's blocked by cloud cover and the dew hits again....they start thinking it's time.  Just my 2 cents worth.

As for the Halloween stores....where I live in the Bay area....these stores were already stocked before July 4th.  Sad!  Some of those same stores (including the big box stores) are already stocking Christmas items!   :tree:

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 08:17:51 PM »
and today it snowed.... this is near kirkwood