Author Topic: First trip,, same as last year  (Read 2429 times)

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
First trip,, same as last year
« on: April 23, 2012, 08:09:56 AM »
In checking the weather, it looks like this first trip will be the same conditions as last years opener trip...Last year in French Camp I woke up to about 4-5 inches of snow in
the campground. I was the only one in the campground and because my suv isn't 4 wheel drive I couldn't get out of my campsite, so I spent the day by a fire, reading a book
and collected tons of pine cones for burning...Checking the forcast it appears I will possibly wake up this Thursday to snow again...Haven't seen what the snow level is.. Looks like
the weather will clear by Friday but it will probably be cool... Just hope its not windy..

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: First trip,, same as last year
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 08:36:33 AM »
I'll go out on the limb and tell you that your fishing will be coupled with a ton of catching this trip, based on how long the lakes have been open and how warm it has been recently, plus they're plenty hungry for your rooster tails. 

Good luck, be safe and best of all, tight lines, R96.  Oh, and take a good book for Thursday... ;)
Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.

Sierra Girl

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 08:47:20 AM »
The Eastern Sierra towns (especially Bishop!) have been waiting for this weekend since last fall.  Most of the hotels are fully booked and and people are smiling again. 

Hope your trip is a good one Retired96.

Underwear Bomber

• Administrator
  • Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 09:16:03 AM »
Be sure to stop at Raymonds Deli on the way up...grab a nice sandwich to eat by the fire, while you are reading your book!

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 09:19:10 AM »
That's great Retired!  Always enjoyed your many fishing trip reports.  Hope you do well and keep dry and warm!
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 02:11:45 PM »
underwear bomber,,, the only place I stop is the Shell gas station in Bishop to fill my tank.... On all my trips I never ever eat anywhere except my campsite....

Sierraslam

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 02:24:14 PM »
The weekend looks nice! Have a good one.

Topwater Terry

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 05:13:32 PM »
Yes Retired,    you don't eat on the road....but you did say you stopped at Schatts last year,  so you are moving in the right direction!!
Once I arrive at Tom's Place...well,  you know...nothing else matters...

Lindarella

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 10:13:17 AM »
I love Raymond's too, Neil!