Author Topic: Catalina For a Few Days  (Read 1958 times)

bj

• East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Catalina For a Few Days
« on: August 31, 2013, 04:52:45 PM »
We take our big float tube over to the island for a couple weeks starting Monday. If we see any good stuff on the crossings, will post when we get back. Will be trying for some calico bass and yellowtail while we're there.
" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Catalina For a Few Days
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 06:58:30 PM »
i am hoping that big float tube you are talking about comes with a motor!   :)

looking forward to the tales of your adventures!   
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

bj

• East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 09:52:09 PM »
LHR
Yeah it has a couple of motors and they love gas!
" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 08:16:04 AM »
lol!

sounds as if your back is doing better?   i sure hope so!!!!

Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

woodfish

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 09:02:00 AM »
I hope you Catalina trip is a fun one.  Have been there hundreds of times...as I was a S. cal native for 40 years.  If you have a chance...go to the Isthmus/Cat Harbor.  Not as "touristy" as Avalon...and just as fun.  A little more "outback" style need there.  Doug Bombard runs the Isthmus concessions / fuel dock / restaurant / bait concessions.  He's a great guy...and easy going.  Been to Avalon many times...but it has become a tourist mecca.  If you need some good fishing areas...and some additional suggestions...let me know.  I know plenty....ran a charterboat there for years.  Be safe ....and don't be fooled by the extreme clarity of the waters....many die there or get nitrogen narcosis (the bends) from misjudging the depth while scuba diving.  Looking for a great place to eat....try Armstrong's in Avalon.  Russ Armstrong runs the place....and the food is great...but a little bit pricey.  Many yellowtail / bass places to try...also know some great places to get live bait...IE mackerel / squid for fishing.  Need suggestions....email or PM me.  good luck and be safe out there! :fishing3: