Author Topic: Fly Rods  (Read 2602 times)

larry

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
Fly Rods
« on: September 04, 2013, 04:42:25 PM »
Info for those of us who need one more fly rod: Redington has discontinued their CT (Classic Trout) series and replacement will be the new Tempt

series. Cabela's is closing them out @ $99.00 ea. including a hardcase carrier. No sales tax or shipping. I bought a 5 Wt 8.5 4pc. and I noticed

a variety of weights available. Advertised as a med. to fast action, great finish and feel, I can hear those Brookies calling @ Long Lake.

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Fly Rods
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 05:39:18 PM »
Good rods for $99.  Hard to beleave how much fly rods have come down in price in the last 10 years or so.
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 06:35:33 AM »
Thanks, Larry.  Now, off to Cabela's we go.
Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.

roygin1

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 07:06:01 AM »
Has anyone ever used a Furled Leader? Can't find them except on the internet and most of them cost $10.00 or so. A friend of mind builds fly rods at the cost of $700.00 and ships them acrossed the world gave me a piece of furled leader and said I would never go back to a mono leader again. Any thoughts or comments???
Boyz become Men just with bigger Toyz

John Harper

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 09:30:03 AM »
I have a 7.5 ft. 3wt Classic Trout and it is the best light flyrod I've used.  I think it was $159 with case at the time.  It casts effortlessly.

Of course, no way I'm paying $300 or more for a flyrod.  That's just crazy.

I've used furled leaders too, nothing spectacular about them in my opinion.   Maybe you need a $700 rod to feel any difference, at least your wallet will be much lighter.

John
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:32:57 AM by John Harper »

roygin1

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 06:28:56 PM »
well I agree on it cost to much but if you saw one you would know why they cost what it does. Blanks that he orders start at $300.00 and that is at his cost. Go on facebook at look at what he does. ( Terry Henson ). As far as the furled leader goes I will have to find out myself.
Boyz become Men just with bigger Toyz