Author Topic: Wounded warrior bass tournament at Castaic Lake  (Read 2689 times)

Topwater Terry

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Wounded warrior bass tournament at Castaic Lake
« on: April 23, 2012, 05:43:00 PM »
Helped out yesterday with a great event at Castaic Lake.  Sponsored by the topsticktour,   Friends of Castaic Lake,   and the L.A. County of Parks and rec.,  some service vets and their families came out to the lake for a great day of fishing,  food,  and fun.  We had volunteers with their boats come out and take these vets fishing for a few hours.  A couple of these guys actually got a tiny bit misty eyed when their names were called and they were awarded their plaques.  Great to honor these folks who honor us with their service...
Fish being sacked for the weigh in Volunteer boats getting ready to weigh in...

An army vet talking about how they caught their fish...
Tourney director talking with the Volunteer boater about their day on the water
Top finishers
BBQ crew Sherman the Marine getting a bit emotional...
Hanging with my buddy Eric,  he drove all the way in from Lancaster to volunteer
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:46:16 PM by Topwater Terry »
Once I arrive at Tom's Place...well,  you know...nothing else matters...

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Wounded warrior bass tournament at Castaic Lake
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 06:30:51 PM »
That’s really great Topwater Terry.  I understand some of the veterans have just come home from Afghanistan and are now just getting reunited back with their families and their life here in the USA.  That is a really great thing you did yesterday Terry.  Thanks… 
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

Sierra Girl

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 08:59:31 AM »
Saw this last night on the local news.  A nice day of fishing for our veterans!

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 09:33:17 AM »
A very worthwhile event and I'm betting a lot of fun for everyone. It's really great of you for supporting our vets.

fishpole

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 01:03:36 PM »
Anything we do for our VETS is great. We don't do enough though. To me those  who have served in a combat zone should be treated like ROYALTY and never allowed to be homeless.  ;D

Troutmom

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 12:17:10 PM »
Great story, And I agree that NOT enough is done for those who are in the military or have served in the military - Presidents will get a paycheck for the rest of there lives for the 4 years they serve,
What about the military who serve or have served what do they get ? Sorry for going on a tangent
one of my son's friends since middle school was just killed serving in Afghanistan.
Kim

Fredb

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 08:46:07 PM »
A lot of us have talked the talk but these brave soldiers have really walked the walk and then picked up their gear and walked again. I too have nephews that have served in both Afghanistan and Iraq and it will be a while before they are close to normal again. Good going Terry