Author Topic: Biggest tale  (Read 8168 times)

Fredb

Biggest tale
« on: April 28, 2012, 09:51:22 AM »
Who do you think will come back with the biggest fishing tale or the most interesting story of this seasons opener

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest tale
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 10:12:26 AM »
My money is on Retired.   ;D
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 10:34:45 AM »
well retired's story will certainately have the biggest 'bang'  :)
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

TEX

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
Yeah Retired. Although McGee with all his enthusiasm will have something to tell.
The E.S. is where I come to get back to sanity and to the real me.

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 11:46:09 AM »
and don't count the ladies out....   we've got a couple fisherwomen going at it too!

Sierraslam

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 01:55:14 PM »
Chris W. will catch the biggest Brown I bet. He's got CSI Lake down pat. I'm sure It's open and I bet he already crushed it up there.

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 03:52:20 PM »
I'm voting on R96 as having the biggest fish count...and the most ammo spent, as well as some inhospitable words for the idiots.  ;D  If Chris W. is out this weekend, biggest brown is my cast for him.   ;)

Still, I am looking forward to all the reports.  Mcgee Dude is so incredibly enthusiastic, you are absolutely dead on there, Tex, so I expect some stream details coming back from him and a report on his fly fishing.
Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.

SN

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 06:23:19 PM »
No matter what, this will make for great reading for us.
Maybe that will get us moving sooner.
Good luck to all and hope they all had great fun fishing and shooting.

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 06:40:27 AM »
got this off of facebook....   looks like we will have some good reading when folks get back!

Here"s a sample size of opening day for you all.. A Dad & son had a German Brown each from Crowley Lake this morning, Dad's was a bit over 5# sons was 4 1/2, I also saw a 10yr old or so boy in Tuff campground with a Rainbow that was well over 3#. I saw several folks carrying thier 5 limit stringers thru French Camp as well. I had a feeling it was going to be a good opener, I had no idea it would be THIS good..

Sierraslam

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 08:37:45 AM »
WOW! I went to the Opener for nearly 30 years straight, but bailed out the last 2 years. I just couldn't take the crowds, and having to walk to the Convict inlet at Midnight. Now..... I'm dieing to be there. I'm headed up this Thursday, but I feel like I missed out. I got a text from someone up there, They said they weather is perfect and fishing is great! I bet we get some good fish stories and pics. come Monday.

High Sierra

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 08:45:09 AM »
Opener is not for me.  The crowds just kill it for me.  Shoulder to shoulder, boat to boat, there is no room to be by yourself to enjoy the surroundings.  Yes, the fish are easy pickings but prefer to go later when the crowds are gone.

Sierraslam

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 09:10:36 AM »
Agreed. It was more about the tradition of it all. I only wait a week it's much quieter, and the fishing is still just fine.

Sierra Girl

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 09:54:15 AM »
Donít mean to brag, but us woman can fish too.  Wonít fish were the crowds are at, but as I live in Bishop I know some of the secret holes to fish here and no crowds.  Lot of fishermen/women in town, especially at the popular spots (Intake 2, Lake Crowley, Pleasant Valley Reservoir, Convict Lake, etc.).  Seems like most people catching limits and the weather is very nice.

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 10:55:34 AM »
Nice catch Sierra Girl!  I think your the first lady I ever heard that reported first on the opener.  Way to go!
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 01:13:00 PM »
Good for you Sierra girl! I just finished mowing my lawn and I'm very envious of you and all the others.

Fredb

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 07:02:28 PM »
It's Sunday night and I'm ready to hear some stories

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:23:38 PM by Fredb »

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 07:17:54 PM »
Mine will be up by tomorrow Fred, Sorry to keep you waiting,  but slaying all those trout made me very sleepy!

8)
Still waiting on my RCL Club Patch!

incrediblehuck

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 08:21:27 AM »
I'll have my report up later today, with a BIG surprise for all of you.

fishpole

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 08:55:31 AM »
It's ok to bragggg sierra girl  ;D

incrediblehuck

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 09:00:03 AM »
Report is up!

Trev Dog

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 08:07:43 PM »
Fred, it looks like the Greatest Tale will have to wait for Chris W. or Retired 96 to post, as the other guys seam to have had a lot of fun but not the abnormal adventure. 

Fredb

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 08:32:04 PM »
 TD, I'm waiting to hear if Retired found anyone at his favorite campsite and what kind of friendly persuasion he used to get them out :o .
So far seems like everyone had a great time

Trev Dog

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 07:50:29 AM »
Fred, looks like R96 is in the lead, unless ChrisW and his buddies forgot their shoes, fell off a boat, or went body sliding into a lake with the camera.

Fredb

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 09:42:48 AM »
TD it does look like Retired gets it unless Chris comes up with Tuna from the Eastside.
It is BS about the knuckheads that he ran into, I guess they still need their mom to pick up after them
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:20:12 AM by Fredb »

Troutmom

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2012, 11:02:42 AM »
got this off of facebook....   looks like we will have some good reading when folks get back!

Here"s a sample size of opening day for you all.. A Dad & son had a German Brown each from Crowley Lake this morning, Dad's was a bit over 5# sons was 4 1/2, I also saw a 10yr old or so boy in Tuff campground with a Rainbow that was well over 3#. I saw several folks carrying thier 5 limit stringers thru French Camp as well. I had a feeling it was going to be a good opener, I had no idea it would be THIS good..
Well I was at opener on Crowley and whoever posted on facebook they had a 5# brown on opener should have weighed in - cause the winning fish was 4lbs 14.5 ounces - so the tale has begun
Kim