Author Topic: Trout Filet Recipes  (Read 1589 times)

fshrsmn

• Weekender
    • View Profile
Trout Filet Recipes
« on: October 04, 2013, 01:49:35 PM »
 This may have bee discussed previously on the board, but here it is again. I am in need of some good recipes for trout filets.
 I have four large (pink) filets that I want to prepare without destroying them (frying). They are around a pound and a half each.
 What are everyone's favorite recipes?
"Don't get no better than this!"

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Trout Filet Recipes
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 03:07:11 PM »
One of my favorites recipes is the Foil Wrapped Trout

I prepare it this way during camping trips or at home on the barbecue! Fresh trout is steamed in a packet of white wine, melted butter and lemon juice. 

Ingredients:

trout fillets
      c. table wine
   2 Tbsp butter, melted
   1 Tbsp lemon juice
   2 Tbsp parsley, minced
   Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat grill for medium high heat.
Lay out two large sheets of aluminum foil so that they overlap. Lay fish in center of foil.  Sprinkle with    white wine, melted butter and lemon juice and season with parsley, salt and pepper. Fold foil around fish, and crimp the seams to seal.

Place the packet on the grill and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish is cooked through. Serve hot and enjoy!
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

fshrsmn

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 04:08:46 PM »
Sounds good! Since my wife won't eat fish any other way than fried I will try two filets at a time for myself, as she has several whole fish for herself. Thanks for the tip.
"Don't get no better than this!"

Claremont Dude

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 02:33:16 PM »
You may want to try grilling them on the BBQ. I cook whole trout (gutted and the heads removed) on the BBQ, stuffed with fresh rosemary, lemon slices and slightly salted. I use a little olive oil both inside and out of the trout. I think you would be able to grill fillets with the same or similar ingredients. I use a grill basket so turning the trout is easy and virtually nothing sticks to the grates. This method of cooking is healthier than frying. I also prepare foil wrapped trout similar to wshawkins describes, but I find the grilled fish a little less soggy.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 02:41:29 PM by Claremont Dude »
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."- Henry David Thoreau