Author Topic: 1 last run  (Read 2446 times)

Sierraslam

1 last run
« on: November 08, 2013, 09:30:03 AM »
Heading up 395 in few hours for the last trip of 2013. I have to admit the fishing has been a bit spotty this season for myself. No Golden's this year, and it seems like I caught mostly small stocked cookie cutter's. Hopefully I can find some nice trout on this last trip. Can't wait to get up to my happy place and relax. Once I hit 395 I leave it all behind me.  I never leave home w/o my Lynyrd Skynyrd..... Sweet Home Mammoth Mountain, Where the sky's are so blue........ Sweet home, I comin'  home to you!! I love it!

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: 1 last run
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 10:20:41 AM »
Thatís great Sierraslam!  I think youíll do OK.  I was up there in late October and all though I didnít catch large numbers of fish, the fish I caught were quality trout.   Large, fat and good fighters.  Canít ask for much more than that.  Youíll do fine.  Have fun!
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

bstolton

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 07:08:50 PM »
SS

Hope you have a great trip, looks like good weather. I was up there last week and found the fishing to be tuff, but we arrived a few days after that last storm. RCL was the most forgiving, I am sure you will find some Fish.

Tight Lines
gone fishn, hope to be catchn soon !

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 05:37:33 AM »
SIerraslam, lots of us are wishing we could be going with you and listening to Skynyrd, good fishing or not, but for you, tight lines every fishing hole you hit, good weather, warm sleeping bag and cold beer ought to help keep you set.  Just going up 395 is setting me dreamin'.
Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 07:24:25 AM »
have a fabulous trip!

tight lines, safe travels,,,,  and lots of deep breaths of that sierra air!

Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 12:36:09 PM »
Heading up 395 in few hours for the last trip of 2013. I have to admit the fishing has been a bit spotty this season for myself. No Golden's this year, and it seems like I caught mostly small stocked cookie cutter's. Hopefully I can find some nice trout on this last trip. Can't wait to get up to my happy place and relax. Once I hit 395 I leave it all behind me.  I never leave home w/o my Lynyrd Skynyrd..... Sweet Home Mammoth Mountain, Where the sky's are so blue........ Sweet home, I comin'  home to you!! I love it!

To Funny Lynyrd Skynyrd is a MUST when we are camping ... my kids refer to it as camping music :)
The Creek is Waiting...