Author Topic: Final Trip 10-31 thru 11-3  (Read 1863 times)

bstolton

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Final Trip 10-31 thru 11-3
« on: November 20, 2013, 08:47:32 PM »
Arrived in Bishop on Halloween afternoon and drove up to PVR. Fished for a couple of hours, pretty slow, but the weather was amazing, 75 degrees and sunny and clear.

Friday morning headed up to Virginia lakes with hopes of fishing LV, the reports from the previous week were excellent with some nice Alpers caught. Déjà vu, frozen over again, that’s 3 years in a row. 4 years ago we had an incredible WFO morning there, definitely going a week or two earlier next year.
Fished Big Virginia till about 1:00, once again the fishing was kinda slow, but another gorgeous weather day.

Stopped at Lundy for a couple of hours, then hit a couple of spots at Gull lake, got skunked at both places.

Saturday morning we drove up to RCL, the gate to the lake side road and campground was closed, I guess we can thank our wonderful government for that. Drove in the group camp road and fished a couple of spots on both sides of the boat docks. Fishing was pretty steady, but nothing but little stockers, once again the weather was just amazing.

Drove over to Crowley in the afternoon to try our luck at getting a Brown, there was about 5-6 guys fishing the marina area. The browns were spawning and breaking the surface, we rigged up some TB`s with barbless hooks, but couldn`t get hooked up. There was only 1 guy that was catching fish, it looked like he was using a topwater Rapala in maybe a perch pattern, he was pretty dialed in, C & R multiple fish in the 3-5 lb range.

Saturday night we went to Rusty`s and celebrated my buddies Birthday, had a goodtime hanging out with the locals.

Sunday morning went to Jacks for breakfast to shake off the hangover, then headed home to get cleaned up and go to my twin Grandson`s 1st birthday party.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 08:41:10 PM by bstolton »
gone fishn, hope to be catchn soon !

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Final Trip 10-31 thru 11-3
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 08:57:11 PM »
the twins are a year old already?   wow,,, that year went by fast!

what a great trip!    i love those underwatershots:)

thank you for sharing!
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Final Trip 10-31 thru 11-3
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 06:44:52 AM »
Looks like you had a good time, caught fish and celebrated!  Life is good!  Great picture of your grand kids.  I hope to get some myself someday, as I finally married off my oldest daughter. :clap:
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."