Author Topic: Upcoming Trip  (Read 5440 times)

Albacore

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
Upcoming Trip
« on: May 01, 2012, 03:28:48 PM »
Well, I am sorry to hear we lost all the past trip reports.  My friend had a great one posted on a Treasure Lakes trip we took.  Oh well, I guess we just rebuild.  So..... I have decided to take my 14 year old son for his first Sierra trip. We will stay at Parcher's Resort in Aug. in our tent trailer.  The trip will include a hike to treasure lakes for some Goldens / hybrids.  He has no clue how awesome it will be.  Father and son, just the two of us.  Fishing, campfires, hiking, the smell of bacon in the morning, and all of it caught on camera.  Anyways, I will return afterwards to post a trip report on the Eastside Trip Report forum.  Happy Fishing!
                                                                 -Jeff-
Sex and Fish and Rock and Roll

playingmenace

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Trip
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 10:53:19 AM »
Thats awesome Albacore, very excited for you both.

Please post a trip report in an effort to rebuild our new board.

Your son will be bugging you about future trips as soon as you get home I'm guessing.
Life without music, laughter, and an Eastern Slope BBQ would be a mistake.

Remember Wounded Warriors

exodus

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 03:17:39 PM »
That sounds very cool.  I'm hoping to take my 9 year old on our first solo trip this year as well.  We'll see if the Mrs. is up for that yet. :)  I know my 9 year old is!

Albacore

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 09:44:50 AM »
Your son will be bugging you about future trips as soon as you get home I'm guessing.

That's what I'm hoping.  At this point in his life I am more involved than ever.  He's a great kid, and is quickly becoming a fine young man.

Exoudous- I wish you tight lines, fiesty fish, and great memories as you take your son on a trip he won't forget.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:48:33 AM by Albacore »

Troutmom

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 10:44:48 AM »
Albacore & Exodus - The memories you make on your first father - son only trip will last a life time, my husband took our boys on their first "guys only" trip into the back country when they were 4 &  8 yrs. - they are now 20 and 24 - there were family trips before that and many after, but they still talk about that trip - how dirty they got and getting into purple lake with no clothes on. So I hope you enjoy.
Kim

exodus

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 03:10:16 PM »
I probably should have mentioned that it is my daughter.  Haha.  But either way... same difference in my eyes! :)

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 04:46:18 PM »
the memories this daughter has of fishing with her dad and older brother are irreplaceable!   those two are forever my heroes!

that trip will place you on a pedestal so high you had better not fall off! :)
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

Albacore

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 04:57:27 PM »
I probably should have mentioned that it is my daughter.  Haha.  But either way... same difference in my eyes! :)

I thought about that.  You simply referred to her as your 9-year old.  Sorry for the errant assumption.  Still- the same message applies.  I wish you the best of memories.

Trev Dog

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 05:33:25 PM »
Albacore, Exedus have fun on your trips this summer building memories with your children is priceless. My son is my fishing and camping buddy, and my daughter has been my surfing buddy. Today my wife and I are babysitting my Grandaughter, while my daughter is at a business meeting. She will grow up to enjoy the outdoors as we all do. At 7 weeks she won't be creekin til next year, but she will spend some time at the beach this summer. Enjoy every adventure with your childern as the resulting bond will be priceless.
I Know First Hand!

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 12:09:29 AM »
Man you guys start late.. My Father was taking me up on atleast 2 solo trips a year just the 2 of us starting when I was 5.

:fishing3:
Still waiting on my RCL Club Patch!

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 07:25:54 AM »
My daughters first trip was at 1 my sons at 10 Months. and I have to say What about the Mom and kids trip or The Grandma ,Mom and kids trip they were 3 and 6 on that one ...
 :clap: :clap:
Sad to say they aren't to interested now( 13 and 16 )of the 7 trips my husband and I make they only go on 2. I am hoping they come back to it at some point. I know for me my BEST kid memories are of camping/Fishing with with my family   :tent: 
The Creek is Waiting...

P A C

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 04:03:39 PM »
It is rarely 'too late' to start most anything involving parent/child together, however the earlier or sooner, the more enjoyment that can be had and relived together in the future.

Have great times and we look forward to your trip reports in the future.

Best, P A C

Troutmom

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 05:26:50 PM »
Hey even better - I dont think it matters if its a son or daughter, the memories are still the same, This daddys girl loved every minute with her dad learning to fish -
Kim

Albacore

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 11:50:19 AM »
Man you guys start late.. My Father was taking me up on atleast 2 solo trips a year just the 2 of us starting when I was 5.
 :fishing3:

It would seem that way.  But my son has Asperger's Syndrome- a high functioning form of autism.  I needed to wait until I was sure he would really be up for it.  He has flourished this last year.  It has a lot to do with the private Jr. high school we placed him in.  For the first time in his life he has real friends, he is on the cross-country and track teams, and he is doing all this while maintaining all A's and B's in school.  My son is an athlete, and a scholar!  Wow!  His Mother and I have always believed in him, and watching him do so well this year has been a real treat for us.  Up until recently, he had a hard time doing an all-day fishing trip.  He's done really well with the last two, so I think he's ready. His focus has gotten so much better.  Plus we will be hiking, cooking building fires, exploring, and just sitting around camp cracking jokes.  I have always spent a lot of time with him, but lately he really seems to want more time with me.  I will not say "No!"
My son rocks!    :camping:  :fishing3:   
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:52:00 AM by Albacore »

beldingi

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
    • Mateo Lab
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 04:00:35 PM »

oakboy

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 06:24:44 PM »
 :goodpost:

All the way up!

It sounds like a lot of us have had great fathers in our lives and are better for it!  I am a father of three and have been blessed with many fishing trips with my two little guys and hopefully soon with my little girl(she is only 7 months).

I have to applaud you Albacore, sounds like your a good Dad.

<><
KP
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 06:26:21 PM by oakboy »
<><

KP

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 07:26:43 PM »
Glad to hear your son is doing so well Albacore! The memories you guys are going to create will stay with him forever! He'll be saying "My Dad Rocks!!" pretty soon, cause I know I sure think that about my Dad.

:goodpost:
Still waiting on my RCL Club Patch!