Author Topic: holiday cheer:)  (Read 2048 times)

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
holiday cheer:)
« on: December 22, 2013, 10:48:11 AM »
Drive Safely This Holiday Season

With the holidays upon us, I would like to share a personal experience with you all about drinking and driving after a "social session" with friends.

Well, this past Saturday, we were out on a pre-Christmas evening with long-lost friends. I had a few cocktails, followed by a handful of glasses of vintage red wine. Despite the jolliness, I still had the sense to know that I was over the limit. That's when I decided to do what I have never done before: I took a cab home.

Sure enough, there was a police road block on the freeway but, since it was a cab, they waved us past. We arrived home safely without incident. This was both a great relief and surprise because I had never driven a cab before. I don't even know where I got it from and, now that it is in my garage, I don't know what to do with it.
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: holiday cheer:)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 04:34:50 PM »
Nice one Little Hardrock!  Thought it was sappy Holiday greeting until the last paragraph.  :lol2:
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

TEX

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 10:42:38 PM »
I too can share a similar story. I was at a bar with a few friends a few nights ago reminiscing and they were downing a few. One guy stepped out of the establishment for a smoke and noticed there was a unmarked car sitting across from the establishment waiting for last call and the following exodus after.  He came back in with the info.  We huddled and decided that no one wanted a dui. So, since I had not been drinking I was elected to go out to my car weaving across the parking lot and having a dickens of a time getting my keys in ignition. The cop came up to me and asked the normal questions and I preformed the usual field sobriety tests which I passed with aces. Meanwhile the rest of the people where all able to get out of the parking lot before the officer was finished with me. He said that he observed me having difficulty with the tasks of getting across the parking lot and getting my car started and was befuddled that I was still able to pass the field sobriety tests... He wasn't really happy when I told him that I was voted to be the "designated decoy" for the rest.

*In no way shape or form do I advocate driving drunk or buzzed* Nor want any of us here to be a statistic from someone who was/is impaired. Just a funny story. Drive responsibly out there as we all want y'all to be able to meet at club 2014!
Merry Christmas *or whatever fits your boots* and Happy New Year...
The E.S. is where I come to get back to sanity and to the real me.

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 08:04:58 AM »
To Funny  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Creek is Waiting...

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 11:27:53 AM »
LHR, paint it and change the plates.   Love it.  :rotflmao:
Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 07:36:01 AM »
and from brazil:

Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....