Author Topic: holiday report  (Read 1690 times)

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
holiday report
« on: December 29, 2013, 01:26:46 PM »
hello everyone!   

i am going to assume that since people are checking the board, yet not posting much, that everyone is coming off of their holiday high:).   i know i am,,,    just seem to be floating thru the days,,,  nothing exciting to report tho.   the sun is shining, the snow has melted away, the birds are singing,,,,,,, leftovers are gone,,,   humm, guess its time to restock the fridge:)

how are all of you?
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

TEX

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
Re: holiday report
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 05:58:52 PM »
Heh! Ha! 
Got back from a surprise cruise from my in-laws. Had 16 for Christmas dinner; a dinner party for 19 night before last. Booted my in-laws back to CA yesterday, my daughter's boyfriend back to NY Tuesday and my daughter Friday... My son in a week after that back to San Antonio. Will be nice to be back to the 2 of us...
Also in horror I found out Kencor rods is out of business.  I have heard good stuff from all here about them and since I broke 2 poles this year I need to find another replacement or two.  I had a Daiwa from 1990's break first (of course it was my favorite) bought a middle of the road Garcia in Mammoth as a go between; broke that one too.... Santa isn't smart enough to pick a pole for me so it didn't arrive this week and I'll have to hunt one down.
The E.S. is where I come to get back to sanity and to the real me.

Trev Dog

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 09:19:07 PM »
Tex, glad I have my Kencor ultra light, neat rod, and sad to hear the news. Nice weather in south O.C today and good waves in the morning. Getting ready for the New Year. Will be quiet as always. Will end the year as always watching the car and motorcycle  jumps on ESPN, check it out its amazing! New years day watch the Rose Parade, Pancakes and sausage for breakfast,  take down the tree, and the stuff outside the house, and order a couple of pizzas. Hope everyone is having a great holiday season. Will also find a wave in the early morning, cant' be at the creek so might as well be in the ocean.

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 09:38:35 AM »
All is good here in SUNNY Manhattan Beach ! I a very confused though , when it's warm and sunny it's summer and in summer I camp and yet here I sit in my warm and sunny winter and I want to Camp  :camping:  We did book our first trip at the end of May and my Brother in law and his fiance are getting married at Convict at the beginning of May so it's not all bad .I have things to look forward to  :clap: 

Is there going to be a get together in July this Year ?  Maybe we should talk about that.

HAPPY NEW YEAR  :pie:
The Creek is Waiting...

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 09:50:12 AM »
there will be a gathering,,, more info to come in a couple more weeks,,,,
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....