Author Topic: Bishop Mammoth trip  (Read 3243 times)

Sierraslam

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
Bishop Mammoth trip
« on: January 22, 2014, 01:20:58 PM »
Went up 395 for the annual fishski trip, but only did the fishing part. Decided not to ski over the blown snow pack. Not worth the money this year. The fishing at Pleasant Valley Res. was great however. Caught lots of fish in the 2 pound range. Weather was perfect! Like Spring time with no wind. Not January weather at all. Not happy about the snow, kind of put a damper on the trip. Maybe I can get a day on the Mountain if we get the "Miracle March" storms. Mammoth was pretty dead for a holiday weekend. I know people with season passes that have yet to go. I hear June has 2 lifts running and sold 16 lift tickets last Sunday. My buddy who skied Mammoth said it was the worst conditions he ever skied. If the weather pattern does not change I'm planning my Summer trips in May and June. Come on Snow!!

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Bishop Mammoth trip
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 02:37:31 PM »
good to hear the fishing was good!    i think this years weather,, er lack of,,, has us all walking around shaking our heads...    i sure do hope that may or june is not too late to take a summer trip!!!!
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 07:55:59 AM »
I have no hope for any miracles for any large amounts of rain or snow in this state... This fishing season is going to be brutal for lack of water...

fshrsmn

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 09:08:32 AM »
I just viewed the recent snowfall chart for the Mammoth backcountry. Really depressing to say the least.
Anyone know any good rain dances? Prayers? Left-over Rally Monkeys? We need something to happen, else 2014 is going to be a disaster.
"Don't get no better than this!"

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 09:30:22 AM »
this chart was posted on facebook this morning.....   oh dear,,,,,

Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

bstolton

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 07:47:34 PM »
SS

Nice that you got to enjoy unbelievable weather for this time of year and some good fishing.

It`s sad though the way things are looking for this year overall.

Lets hope there`s  a February, March and April miracle, pray for snow!!!
gone fishn, hope to be catchn soon !

bj

• East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 01:15:26 PM »
The chart is right on pace with 1976/77. First year we skled Mammoth. It was awful. I hadn't gotten back into fishing then so don't know how the back country lakes were.
" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock