Author Topic: Cancelled my first trip of the year  (Read 2336 times)

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Cancelled my first trip of the year
« on: January 30, 2014, 07:20:14 AM »
I was going to leave yesterday for 3-4 days fishing in Bishop but after looking at the weather forecast and the very high wind warning and possible rain or snow decided to wait maybe until next week....I see the high wind warning indicated winds of up to 80mph...

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Cancelled my first trip of the year
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 07:34:48 AM »
ok, that is alot of wind...     but you might be able to stand in your campsite and cast all of the way to the owens river if you catch the wind right:)
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 12:35:27 PM »
Retired, I was telling someone on another board about a deal you might be interested in.I received a flier in the mail recently from the Elms Motel in Bishop. They are offering Sun-Mon-Tues nights for $39 a night and if you stay all three they will give you Wednesday for free. $120 for four nights is a very good deal for anyone that can go up durring the week. It is also about the only way I could get my wife to go up there this time of year. I think the offer is good until the end of March but I'm not sure off hand.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 08:23:37 PM by Gary C. »

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 02:44:40 PM »
The Elms is the only place I stay when I go to Bishop,,, I have stayed there so many times the owner always gives me my favorite room at 39.00 a night..

Michelle K

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 08:27:46 PM »
 The Elms is older, but clean and in a good location in town. Haven't stayed there in a while, but I would recommend it for those looking for a budget place to stay.

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 08:29:06 PM »
The Elms has always been my go-to for Bishop. Every now and then I'll go someplace nicer and always regret spending the extra money. I prefer it over The Trees Motel but we go there when we have a few people sharing a room. The Trees has rooms with three beds for cheap.

fishpole

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 04:04:39 PM »
Good info thanks.  :clap: