Author Topic: Rock Creek thieves  (Read 2832 times)

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Rock Creek thieves
« on: May 05, 2012, 08:32:33 AM »
I forgot to post in my trip report but a worthless no good mentally deficient repribate broke into the pay stations at both French and Tuff campgrounds last Friday and stole the pay envelopes, Heard that they may have lost about 500.00 in cash or checks....This has happened a couple times in the past two years....The pay stations should be moved in front of the campground host sites which might help solve the problem. 

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Creek thieves
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 09:24:32 AM »
wow, we didnt even make it thru week one without a theft.....   ugh.
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

Trev Dog

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 07:42:27 PM »
R96, Looks like they know when and where to hit. Bad start to the season!

trouter

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 10:17:48 PM »
Dirt bags for sure! I guess we all need to keep a close eye on our campsites and others as well. We need to talk to people in other campsites and let them know what has been happening so everyone will be more aware. Even though they might have caught those crooks last year, there are plenty more criminals out there waiting to take advantage of the unsuspecting public.

RockNCreekGirl

• Eastern Sierra Legend
  • Creek Girl for Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 09:56:32 PM »
It is never ending.  Unfortunately the guy they caught last year is not the only one who has been stealing from the campgrounds.  We used to leave our cabin unlocked when just out to fish or hike and welcomed those who wandered down our road to explore.  Now we lock it up like fort knox and don't take kindly to strangers snooping around. 
The creek is waiting...

Sierra Bright Dot

• New Creeker
  • Fishing the Creek since 1958
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 06:59:12 PM »
I am really sorry to hear about this but, I wonder why the Camp Host left cash/checks in the "Iron Ranger" overnight?  Many years ago when I worked as a seasonal employee for State Parks and USFS during college, we always emptied them out just to prevent that from happening.  What a terrible way to start the season!

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 12:44:43 AM »
Ok this for sure is a time to call them Dirt bag low life pieces of S@#%. I sure wish the Trash would stay in the city.
Still waiting on my RCL Club Patch!

bstolton

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 07:33:49 PM »
I hate hearing these kind of stories, it really Pi@&# me off. We unfortunately have come to expect this kind of thing in the city, but its just not right when its in God`s Country!  What goes around comes around, hope its soon for these jokers.
gone fishn, hope to be catchn soon !