Author Topic: Help Wanted - Parchers Resort, Bishop Creek  (Read 1275 times)

smitty

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
    • Parchers Resort
Help Wanted - Parchers Resort, Bishop Creek
« on: April 03, 2014, 02:16:13 PM »
Howdy folks....been a while since I've cruised the message boards in earnest but I suppose a return to the online world of Rock Creek is far past due.

Anyhow - I find myself in a unique situation in 2014 with a few openings on my summer crew. The work involved is not glamorous but it's hard to beat the Eastern Sierra as your backyard in the summertime and fall. I may need as many as three bodies and the daily work includes thorough cleaning of the rental cabins (complete with toilet scrubbing, bed making, dusting - the works), dish washing in the cafe, plant watering, rock moving, snow shoveling, store stocking, reservation making, trash disposing (including stinky fish guts), cashiering, general customer service and whatever else we need done on any given day. I'm already inundated with applications by people who want to be "the maintenance guy", "the chef", manager or just sit around and tell people how to fish all day - none of whom want to make beds or do the dirty work for 6 to 8 hours a day - so if that's what you're looking for, you need not apply. I am the maintenance guy, cook, IT guy, marketing guy, manager and resident fishing guide among other things so those jobs are already filled.

All applicants must be fluent in English, drug free, be able to lift 50lbs, and have references. Previous customer service experience, phone skills and computer skills including MS Office a plus.
Our best employees over the years have been college kids or young people who love the outdoors whether that be hiking, fishing, backpacking, rock climbing, photography or all of those things. Having said that, age is not a major factor...being physically able to do the work and having a willingness to do whatever, whenever, and an appreciation for the Sierras is huge. Our customers love people who are stoked to be here and you can't fake that....so it should be no surprise that we only hire people who are stoked on the Sierras.

We do have onsite employee housing for the right applicants.

Interested parties can submit their resumes via email to reservations@parchersresort.net with the subject line "2014 Employment" and send to my attention. If you or someone you know might be a good fit for this kind of work, send them our way. We have a few summer-only openings but it's always preferable to have our staff stay with us the entire season (May through October). For the right person, this is about as good as it gets when it comes to seasonal work.

Sierrally,
Jared Smith
GM Parchers Resort

fish taco chronicles

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
Re: Help Wanted - Parchers Resort, Bishop Creek
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 09:44:56 AM »
If only I did not have another job..