Author Topic: Rock Creek Lake  (Read 2762 times)

RockNCreekGirl

• Eastern Sierra Legend
  • Creek Girl for Life!
    • View Profile
Rock Creek Lake
« on: June 09, 2014, 08:01:50 PM »
Spent a long weekend at the creek which was nice to get away from it all.  Since I can't hike or stream fish yet (still in a Cam Walker from surgery) we decided to sit at the lake.  While I did school my husband and my parents by catching over 12 fish...the fish were small.  We did catch a few that were 3/4lb or more but most of the fish were small...and skinny.  Fishing was dead slow in the morning and picked up at Noon with fish being caught just as fast as I could get my line in the water.  When the water was like glass, a fly (Rock Creek Special) on a bubble was the ticket.  When the wind picked up, then floating a worm off the bottom was the winner.  The water on the lake was at a good level and  the stream was also flowing really well despite the sad winter. 
The creek is waiting...

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Creek Lake
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 09:10:44 PM »
I was surprised that the creek was flowing as good as it was the past week.

Michelle K

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 09:14:00 PM »
We fished there yesterday and had the same experience. It was still great to just be there. And I have been in a cam walker so I feel your inconvenience.

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 07:30:03 AM »
yay! you made it up there!   nothing like giving the others an advantage in fishing... and still showing them how its done:)     :fishing3: :fishing3: 
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

RockNCreekGirl

• Eastern Sierra Legend
  • Creek Girl for Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 12:15:41 PM »
Forgot to mention that two bald eagles were out flying and diving into the lake for trout.  It was neat to see them at the lake.
The creek is waiting...