Author Topic: Thanks alot Coleman products  (Read 1740 times)

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Thanks alot Coleman products
« on: June 27, 2014, 04:02:48 PM »
Two months ago I ordered some extra tent poles from Coleman, after 9 weeks they finally came today and you bozos didn't send what I had ordered....And to the guy that borrowed my extra poles on opening weekend because you failed to check your gear and had no poles for your huge 20 foot tent, thanks for not sending them back to me like you said you would as soon as you got home..

TEX

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks alot Coleman products
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 05:41:23 PM »
No pride in ownership/workmanship anymore. A man's (ok, person's) word is a bond in my world. I do whatever it takes to fulfill an obligation and return stuff better than I borrowed it. Show some appreciation there! There's no other way.... Tarptent sent me poles out to my door in 3 days AND was able to talk to the owner too.
Sorry Roy; mean, careless, hapless people suck.
The E.S. is where I come to get back to sanity and to the real me.

playingmenace

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 07:41:05 AM »
Sorry to hear R96, sounds like a bad situation for a lot of reasons.

Most disturbing is the guy not honoring his word to you. Like Tex basically said, and it seems those of us that were raised "Old School", your word is your most valued asset. I recently had a similar situation where a guy didn't live up to his words due to circumstances. The guy tried to make it right, and even though I wasn't really satisfied, the fact that he owned up to it and tried, well it went a long way with me as to his character and core values.

I'll bet Coleman will do right by you, give them another chance and make contact with them.

Life without music, laughter, and an Eastern Slope BBQ would be a mistake.

Remember Wounded Warriors

Marine One

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 04:16:26 PM »
Roy. Dont worry. Coleman took a long time to deliver some stuff to me as well for my coleman lantern. But finally it came and its like christmas for me and just in time for me to start getting all my gear ready for the big trip!