Author Topic: Rock Creek 6/20 - 6/23  (Read 2936 times)

Sierraslam

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
Rock Creek 6/20 - 6/23
« on: June 29, 2014, 11:13:51 AM »
Made my first true Summer trip last week. Got to Iris Meadow about 11:00 am on Friday just as #4 opened up. Nice site next to the creek. Set up camp then went up to the lake. I caught nothing, but my 2 friends got a few small ones. Saturday we went to Crowley and I caught nothing, My friends caught 2 nice fish each though. My buddies were having a good time with the skunk jokes. I really didn't mind. The weather was perfect, the bbq was hot, lot's of time to relax. The creek was full of fish right by camp, I ok with just kicking back. Sunday we drove up to Saddlebag. 2 of us took the water taxi in search of Goldens, the rest fished saddlebag. Awesome hike! lot's water spilling over the falls, the creek and meadow were beautiful. The fishing....... More of the same, Zero!! Great hike though. Went back to Saddlebag and finally the bite was on. I pretty much caught a fish on every cast. http://youtu.be/FPx-doDfrN8  This is old video of the same hike. Had a great fish fry Sunday night and drove home Monday. Good trip, even if i didn't knock em' dead fishing.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 11:19:36 AM by Sierraslam »

Marine One

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Creek 6/20 - 6/23
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 04:30:36 PM »
You are soooooo lucky! I have never been able to get a spot at Iris Meadow! In 12 years of trying i have failed to secure a spot!

bj

• East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 06:29:02 PM »
Sounds like me Keith. Did you get to The upper Coness Lakes.
" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock

bstolton

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 07:57:46 PM »
Once you get up the hill away from all the SoCal craziness, good fishing or not your still in for a good time. Sounds like that's exactly what you did !!
Your trip sounds like it was the opposite of mine, we started out hot and soon fizzled.

Thanks for sharing.
gone fishn, hope to be catchn soon !

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 06:18:29 AM »
Not every trip you need to kill it fishing.  Sometimes it just more important to relax and recharge the batteries.  .  At least that what I tell myself during similar circumstances!  But you still scored at Saddlebag Lake and got your skunk off.

I fished Saddlebag Lake and also visited your special golden lake a little over a week ago and it fished well for me.  Just luck I guess as itís easy to skunk at them golden lakes.  Loved that video.  Thanks for your trip report.
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 04:10:27 PM »
sounds like a fun trip!   yay for iris!  love that campground! 
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....