Author Topic: Hilton Lakes 5, 6, 7, 8  (Read 3209 times)

exodus

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
Hilton Lakes 5, 6, 7, 8
« on: May 08, 2012, 04:27:40 PM »
Hello all,

Similar to the question I just posted about Ruby Lake, how's the fishing at Hilton's 5, 6, 7, and 8?  I've been to 1 - 4 and had great results with C&R a variety of sizes and types of trout.  I know the Hilton's are a little more sensitive for folks so feel free to PM me if you'd like.  I'm just looking to have some success up there this year.

Cheers,
Brian

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Hilton Lakes 5, 6, 7, 8
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 08:19:45 PM »
The upper Hiltons are always interesting to fish, as you never know what you will catch.  I mostly caught Brookies at 5, 6 and 7 and golden Hybrids at 8.  But also caught golden hybrids at 5 & 6 (but rarely).  Fishing is good but the fish are skittish.  The usually flys work her.  Sight casting worked best for me.  Trout are a bit smaller in the upper Hiltons with 6-12 range.  Ill let you discover on your own where the bigger ones lie. 

Use the stealth approach and you should do just fine.
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

exodus

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 10:07:08 AM »
Cool, thanks.  I have no issues with finding out on my own - that's been most of my experience.  :)  That's part of the fun too! 

Packer

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »
Some ok fish in #5, small in 6,7,8. I usually just go above 5 to explore and take pictures. Such better fishing in 2,3,&4. Really not had much luck in Davis for years, although there are some big browns hiding there. Emphasis on the hiding part. Good Luck.
Pack it in, Pack it out...or have a Wrangler do it for you.

exodus

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 04:33:41 PM »
Thanks Packer.  I'm definitely going up for the view as well.  Nothing like being on top of the world. :)