Author Topic: upcoming trip 5-11 thru 5-13  (Read 3624 times)

bstolton

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
upcoming trip 5-11 thru 5-13
« on: May 08, 2012, 07:56:19 PM »
My trip this weekend has changed, my buddy is not going to make it. Looks like it will just be me and JoJo my lab. So I am going to get in a few bag nites. I will be camping at RCL, probally french camp, I don't think anything else will be open yet. Saturday I hope to do a day hike, but even with the light snowfall this year, not sure what areas will be accessible. I have never been up there this early in the year other than local bishop. Parker and Walker lakes look like good options. I know that the road is open to Mosquito flats, and I have been to Chickenfoot before but it was in july, what about the trail to the Hiltons. Any input would be appreciated. If anybody else is going up this weekend,let me know, maybe we will cross paths.
gone fishn, hope to be catchn soon !

ScottS

• Junior Creeker
  • Bishop, CA
    • View Profile
Re: upcoming trip 5-11 thru 5-13
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 03:09:19 PM »
I think I am going to try and hike LLV on saturday morning.  I am going to take my flyrod with me and see what I can some up with.  I am most worried about the hill out of mosquito flats, I know it was a solid sheet of ice at the end of the season, so it will be the last thing to clear.  I will report back with what I find however I think you will have already been there.  I have done the hiltons trail before and too me its a little steep for my liking  but as always the lakes are worth it.  Check out davis lake if you can.   Also I think you will find quite a bit of snow at the top of the mountain before you drop into the Hilton lakes basin.  Just a heads up.

bstolton

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 07:35:36 PM »
Yes I think there may still be a fair amount of snow up in LLV, and I will be up there in July anyway. Was hoping to venture off to an area I haven`t been yet which is many. I hope to make it up to virginia lakes, maybe on friday. With this warm weather it should have some open water. If anybody has any suggestions for good day hiking and fishing areas that might be accessible, please let me know.

ScottS

• Junior Creeker
  • Bishop, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 09:11:57 AM »
The only place I know of forsure that is open for a hike/fish is North Fork of Big Pine, Last weekend the first 3 lakes were fishable.

dusty

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 06:08:27 PM »
Mikki and I will be fishing the shore Saturday and Sunday in Morning

SN

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 06:22:16 PM »
a good chance TT, MGD and I will be in the area all of saturday afternoon.

SN

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 08:21:44 AM »
Well we drove all over french camp looking for bill and his dog
Yesterday at around 7:30
Nothing
Maybe next time

bstolton

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 07:03:23 PM »
ab-sn

I was in site 49 but only long enough to sleep (toss and turn )  :lol: each nite.  Sorry I missed you guys.

I will post a report in a couple of days, when I regain my strength.

dusty

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 12:00:40 PM »
Was that you at Lundy Friday afternoon?

bstolton

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 09:20:48 PM »
Dusty

Yea, I stopped there around 2ish and fished for awhile on my way back from virginia lakes. Boy it was crowded up there too. :lol2:

Sorry I didnt recognize you guys.

dusty

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 05:28:33 PM »
We figured it out after you left, I said shoot I bet that was bill with has lab.