Author Topic: October trip  (Read 1180 times)

Troutmom

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
October trip
« on: September 05, 2014, 09:15:53 PM »
Trying to plan a trip up to RCL last week of October - Does anyone know if the campgrounds up at the lake will still be open? I know it will be to late to get some pie  :pie2: as they close the 13th. Been a crazy year and haven't been up yet, but I cant go the whole season without at least one trip. Thanks in advance for any info.
Kim

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: October trip
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 06:05:44 AM »
Last week of October might be closed,,,, all depends on the weather..That late in the season it can be a little bit nippy if not downright cold at the lake...

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 06:53:21 AM »
I beleave by mid-October its all closed by Rock Creek Lake, even earlier if it snows as retired96 said.  When I took my late trip to Hilton Lakes last year, I noticed that French Campground was still open.  And sometimes Tuff campground will be open late in the year.
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 07:47:49 AM »
Last year due to the government shutdown all campgrounds were closed on Oct. 8... I was in French Camp for what was going to be a 10 day trip and on my 2nd day the host advised me that all campgrounds would be closed on Friday....At the time there was probably about 50 plus campers in the canyon and we all had to pack up and leave..   Normally French Camp stays open until Oct. 31..