Author Topic: Group Campground Information (power and pad size)  (Read 2601 times)

Ali

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
Group Campground Information (power and pad size)
« on: September 12, 2014, 03:30:08 PM »
Hi,
    I've reserved the group campsite and had some questions. I hoped someone in here could answer them for me:
    1. I've been there before and know that there are two long pads for tents, above one another. Anyone know what size they are?
    2. Father in law is coming up to fish and he'll need his oxygen machine (I may want to use it too). He has a portable unit but it needs charging. Does the on site bathroom have a power outlet? Are there any power outlets around there (on site)?

Thanks,
Ali

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Group Campground Information (power and pad size)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 09:03:52 AM »
hello Ali!   welcome to the board!

i am not sure which on of the three group sites your reserved... but as far as i know, none of them have electric hookups...   there are a couple of electric sites in the canyon,,  in french camp and in east fork...  to be really sure, you may want to reserve one of those so you have a recharging station.   i have no idea if toms, the lodge, or the resort would 'sell' you some electricity or not.

there are electric outlets in the shower room at the lodge...  perhaps you could recharge while showering? (showers are 5 bucks)  i have no idea of how long it takes to recharge the oxygen.   i am assuming  there are also outlets in the showers at the resort....

or get a converter for your vehicle to plug it into...   a gadjet that plugs into the cig lighter, and the other end has an outlet on it:)

hope this helps...

Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

Marine One

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 01:55:45 PM »
French camp does have two campsites that have full hook ups to include electric power. One site is at the top of the french campground and the other one is at the bottom of the camp. I really dont think toms will SELL power.

Ali

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 08:37:43 AM »
Thank you for the replies. I looked back on my original post and saw that I didn't say which campsite I was staying at, really dumb on my part, sorry. I'm staying at the Rock Creek Lake group campsite, right past the dock at Rock Creek Lake. It has a building right on site with two dedicated bathrooms and what looked like a utility closet (if I remember right). Going somewhere to charge isn't really an option because of how long it takes to charge. He'll really need onsite power or he'll have to resort to alternatives.

Any info on the Pad sizes at that site?

Thanks,
Ali

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 07:44:20 AM »
I don't know the size of the pads but that is a huge site , I have walked by it many times and seen 5 or 6 tents .
The Creek is Waiting...

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 07:42:47 PM »
I know that there are at least two tent pads but I believe that there is actually three. All three are stacked right on top of one another and are the only place that you are allowed to put your tents. The pads will easily hold two large tents, possibly three. I don't know but I doubt that there is any access to electricity. Perhaps you can find a way to contact the camp hosts and find out for sure.

fishpole

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 11:29:30 PM »
Good idea Gary C. Thanks  :clap: :clap:

Ali

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 09:24:28 AM »
Thank you, now that you mention it, yes, there were three pads. That puts my mind at ease about us fitting. Family members are talking about buying 10'x16', 10 person tents for 3-4 people and it was making me nervous :) We should be fine.
And great idea about contacting camp host too, Iíll do just that?
Thanks again,
Ali

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 10:34:32 AM »
Thank you, now that you mention it, yes, there were three pads. That puts my mind at ease about us fitting. Family members are talking about buying 10'x16', 10 person tents for 3-4 people and it was making me nervous :) We should be fine.
And great idea about contacting camp host too, I’ll do just that?
Thanks again,
Ali

You should try the Rock Creek lake Facebook page , ask your question about electricty there
The Creek is Waiting...