Author Topic: Trip Canceled  (Read 3459 times)

Trev Dog

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
Trip Canceled
« on: September 14, 2014, 08:18:20 PM »
Thought my son and I would be in the canyon Friday morning for four days, however life spins in its own way. Last February we lost our Black Lab Jessie Mae to a liver disease. Seven days of watching a family member pass. Our lives have been empty ever since. Thought babysiting our Grandaughter and my daughters dog Willow would help fill the gap but all it really did was help the healing period and create the  need for another dog. Last Monday my wife met an old friend at the Grocery Store found out that their Black Lab had fathered a litter of puppies. She was not to be stopped. Friday Georgia Mae came home to her new family. What a weekend, the love fest was on. Yea! she is into my planter beds like Jessie did as a pup and she is after Nana's slippers but the emptiness has been filled. Didn't make it up this summer but next summer Georgia Mae will start her enjoyment of Gods Country chasing squirrels around the Meadows of Upper Pine Grove or Big Meadow and chasing a tennis ball in the creek above the old horse stables above Upper Pine Grove

As Mick Jagger said in a song " You don't always get what you want, but you get what you need!"

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Trip Canceled
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 07:19:36 AM »
Trev Dog, it doesn't sound like it was a tough trade off, all that puppy love for dusty trails.  Congrats on your new family addition. 
Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 07:21:39 AM »
woohoo!  a new wet nose!   its amazing,how those those little wiggly bodies take over our hearts. (and lives:).   

hey... where is the pic?     come on now, share!!  :)
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 08:10:24 AM »
Hard to lose a loved pet, I know I been there. But you found the cure with a new puppy!   In a year,  she will be ready for Rock Creek!  :doglick:
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

fshrsmn

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 09:49:47 AM »
Amazing healing power in cold noses and wet tongues. we have lost a few that shared our times at Rock Creek. I always said after each loss that I couldn't stand to get another, yet surrendered to that statement soon enough. New memories offer to impact our lives when we share this time with cold noses and wet tongues and is surprisingly effective in enhancing life. Hoping Jasper and Georgia Mae may someday meet at the Creek, so they may share their stories about their companions as well!
That small voice calling my name is the mountains,
and I must obey.

Marine One

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 10:50:56 AM »
I had a black lab as a young man and i still miss that dog! His name was Happy. I always had people who would offer  buy him but he was not for sale! enjoy the new family member