Author Topic: Kamikazi time for Salim and Topwater again!  (Read 3416 times)

Topwater Terry

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Kamikazi time for Salim and Topwater again!
« on: October 07, 2014, 10:18:40 PM »
Well,  had to make one more trip up for pie and fish catching!  Did not mention ahead of time that we were going,  didn't want other folks to change plans,  and you know who you are :lol2: :lol2: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:!  So,  Salim and I left Sylmar about 7 am and hit the pie shop around 11:30,  and were full of shock and awe that cheddar pear had just sold out!  We went ahead and ordered several other slices of pie,  and just as we were paying a very tired looking McGee dude showed up.  He'll have to tell you about his lack of sleep over at McGee creek due to a hungry Yogi feeding a bit too close to his campsite  :tent:  Either way,  we scarfed down the pie,  then headed on up to the flats and hiked up a bit to one of Salim's favorite spots,  where the three of us proceeded to catch several dozen brook trout between the three of us.  I also got a small brown and rainbow,  just missing the grand slam.  The weather was perfect,  a bit chilly in the shade,  with a fresh dusting of snow on the mountains and incredible colors in the aspens.  The raw fall beauty of the area was just amazing.  We headed home about 5 pm,  and stopped by the pizza factory in Lone Pine,  where they once again messed up my order,  but they finally got us our pizza,  and it was freeee!!  All in all,  it was a nice trip as usual,  great fishing,  pie,  camaraderie...it's all good!

Disclaimer...this brook trout was BARELY in the grass for a couple of seconds for a pic,  then went right back in the water  :fishing3:
Once I arrive at Tom's Place...well,  you know...nothing else matters...

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Kamikazi time for Salim and Topwater again!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 06:47:27 AM »
You said it all Terry: nice trip as usual, great fishing, pie, and camaraderie.  Have to say that's one colorful brook trout!  Thanks.
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 10:15:27 AM »
What a great way to spend the day. Too bad you didn't get the slam but you made up for it with pie.

SN

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 03:14:20 PM »
you guys are nuts making all these crazy one day trips.

great pictures TT.
need photos of McGee Dude.

Claremont Dude

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 08:18:00 AM »
Fish, Good Weather, PIE, Free Pizza PIE. What more could one ask for? Nice ES run.

Jealous in Claremont
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."- Henry David Thoreau

Packer

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 09:52:52 AM »
We were n the way down when you guys were headed up. Went up to friends wedding at Four Jeffrey's Campground. Glad to see you had a fun time!
Pack it in, Pack it out...or have a Wrangler do it for you.

bstolton

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 07:31:11 PM »
I think my Friday thru sunday quick trips are crazy, you guys definitely Rock the creek!
Way to make it happen.  :clap: :clap: :clap:
gone fishn, hope to be catchn soon !