Author Topic: Trip to Casitas  (Read 1445 times)

fshrsmn

• Weekender
    • View Profile
Trip to Casitas
« on: October 15, 2014, 09:46:58 AM »
   Well, this post has no pictures to post but I will write it up anyway. A buddy and I took the bass boat to Casitas over the weekend. The bass are actively feeding on the shad in the coves. Most of these fish are smaller, but some larger ones can be found on the secondary points within the coves, waiting on the injured shad to make their way to them. The fish push the shad into the cove and hold back towards the mouth of the cove to corral them. I was able to manage one at 3 lbs and a few more around a 1-1/2 lbs. Caught some redear as well. Overall the weather was beautiful both day and night, with the mornings being highly foggy assisting in the morning hour topwater bite. Now...on to the BAD news. You can walk out to the island and when you launch at the marina you have to go all the way around the island to make it to Coyote Creek. If we don't get water soon we are in trouble in Southern CA. We really enjoyed our camping neighbors as they were VERY respectful, nice, and quiet. This Persian couple even brought us some of their Persian type Tri Tip and Sausage prepared as it would be in their country. Great people and I hope to see them there again! My buddy brought his guitar for entertainment. Nothing like having a professional quality musician for your personal entertainment. Good friends, good food, good fishing, GREAT memories. 
"Don't get no better than this!"

SN

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Trip to Casitas
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 01:18:30 PM »
no pictures is fine fshrsmn
thanks for the report.