Author Topic: Packed and ready for last trip  (Read 2906 times)

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Packed and ready for last trip
« on: October 20, 2014, 02:59:20 PM »
SUV is all packed up and will leave tomorrow early for the last trip of the season... Hope the upper loop of French Camp is open as the lower loop sucks.... Will bribe the host if necessary. Weather looks to be pretty good for the rest of the week....

Claremont Dude

• Weekender
    • View Profile
Re: Packed and ready for last trip
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 04:17:13 PM »
Have a FUN, safe trip R96! Are you taking some of your bacon with you??
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."- Henry David Thoreau

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 05:08:42 PM »
Always take some of that Bishop bacon.... Will buy about 30 more pounds on the way home....Their prices have gone thru the roof for their bacon.... I paid 12.50 a pound when I bought some last month...

TEX

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 10:22:02 PM »
R96 will miss you by a week.!! Is the mahogany smoked bacon that good!? B-A-C-O-N is the candy of meat...
The E.S. is where I come to get back to sanity and to the real me.

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 05:55:16 AM »
Its the best bacon I have ever eaten...

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 06:48:56 AM »
I see the low on Saturday night is 27 , Come on Winter!   Have a great trip , enjoy the bacon .I agree the BEST !!
The Creek is Waiting...

Claremont Dude

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 08:14:59 AM »
And the sandwiches at Mahogany are fantastic. I love the "Rodeo". A double decker sandwich - one deck piled high with roast beef, the other deck piled high with their smoked bacon topped off with pepper jack cheese, horseradish mayo, lettuce & tomato on grilled sourdough. It has become a must stop on the return trip from Rock Creek.

Didn't know they had a sandwich shop inside until my fishing buddy Phil & I went there after Raymond's Deli closed down. Our new "fave".  Phil loves the "Stroke" sandwich - Corned Beef & Pastrami with Swiss on Rye.

:twothumbs:
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."- Henry David Thoreau