Author Topic: final trip for 2014  (Read 2304 times)

Sierraslam

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
final trip for 2014
« on: November 13, 2014, 09:19:52 AM »
Made a run to Mammoth, and the warm condo for the last trip of the year. Went to lake Mary and found the gate was locked at the Twin Lakes. Made the walk to Mary in about 20 min. or so, and it was worth the effort. I got a 4 pound Alpers Trout, only to be out done by a 5 pounder. Everyone caught fish that made the walk up. I saw a family that went to Mamie, and had some really nice trout! Lots of of smiles and great weather to boot. Sunday we went to Convict. Eveyone was fishing the South shore near back of the lake, with good reason too. We could see huge fish from the upper trail cruising all around. Every group had big fish on the srtinger. I caught lots of fish on Mice Tails, but did not hook into on of the big ones. One in our group did catch a 4+ ponder however. We had a big trout fry after hitting the Mammoth Brewery, which is the old Whisky Creek now. Awesome way to end the season! Now let it snow!! Good fishin!

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: final trip for 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 12:46:58 PM »
Great way to end the season!   :twothumbs:
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

SN

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 09:24:18 AM »
 agree with wshawkins 

great way to end the season

TEX

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 01:31:52 PM »
Keith better report than I had last week!  I did more exploring than fishing though. I hope bstolton has a good report too!
The E.S. is where I come to get back to sanity and to the real me.

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 08:48:17 AM »
good times!!!  whoot whoot!
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....