Author Topic: Quick day trip to McGee and Rock Creek  (Read 10765 times)

Topwater Terry

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Quick day trip to McGee and Rock Creek
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 09:24:34 AM »
nope no way Corey,  I would never call you a weirdo...I might do that in person,  but since I never see you :lol: ...seriously though,  I hope you do head up there early that Friday,  that is a huge travel day,   lot's of people out for the first time all year...
Once I arrive at Tom's Place...well,  you know...nothing else matters...

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 03:25:06 PM »
MD weekend is such a madhouse.  We always come back on Sunday to avoid the Monday holiday traffic and it's still ridiculous.  Lots of maniacs on the roads, so Corey and Trouter be careful.

If I can't get down to RCL for   :pie2: I have a back up plan to take nectarines from my tree, sugar and other ingredients to make my own.  I know, I know, it isn't Sue's, but with ice cream and heated it will just have to do. 

Leaving Saturday morning at 0 dark-thirty for SLR.  Taking the camera fully charged and taking pictures with the intent of having something decent to post.
Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.

trouter

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 04:03:48 PM »
I'm all packed and ready to leave in the morning. Chomping at the bit!
I will definitely be keeping an eye on the cars going the other way when I am coming home. 
Have the camera charged and will take lots of photos to post when I get back. Just developed a hernia so my hiking abilities will be seriously diminished but hope to do LLV and maybe some other hikes if I can. Surgery in my near future.
Got the hernia from backpacking  :hiking2:

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 04:15:13 PM »
Sorry to hear about hernia Trouter.  That will slow you down.  I got my backpack down under 35 lbs now, used to be over 50 lbs.  Take it easy and enjoy yourself at the creek!
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

Topwater Terry

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »
Ouch Jon!  We'll,  you can always hike less and eat more pie...if you can make it to the top of those stairs at the resort... I bet you will!  Drive safe! :pie2:
Once I arrive at Tom's Place...well,  you know...nothing else matters...

Trev Dog

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2012, 08:46:02 PM »
Ouch! Trouter, I've been under the knife twice. Take it easy up there, and enjoy yourself. As TT said enjoy the pie and where your are. Waiting for a post.

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 10:56:03 AM »
We are always on the road by 5:00am and so far we have been lucky , No Traffic ...
The Creek is Waiting...