Author Topic: Thar She Blows!  (Read 3019 times)

bj

• East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Thar She Blows!
« on: February 17, 2015, 11:24:57 AM »
A little different trip coming this Friday to next Wednesday. Going with a group by bus to the whale lagoons in southern Baja. Go out in Pangas and pet whales,etc. Assuming the Bandidos don't hi-jack the bus and we don't get eating by a whale, I should have a few pics to post next week.
" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Thar She Blows!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 12:49:21 PM »
Looking forward to your pictures BJ. Have a great time.

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 01:36:13 PM »
sounds like fun fun fun!!!!!

and don't worry.. Norma will keep you safe:)
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 07:18:51 AM »
You always go to the coolest places.  Have fun!
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

John Harper

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 11:54:27 AM »
My roommate has done this a couple times, she had a blast.  I guess some whales are curious and come right up to your panga!

John

Trev Dog

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 07:17:30 PM »
B.J trying to remember this area? Is it Guerra Negro. I remember a town were the whales migrated to in the winter, it was right wear you turned to cross from the west coast to the east aside of Baja. A surf buddy of mine and myself saw the whales there in 1975 as we crossed over to the east side of Baja on our way down the east side, over to the mainland and down through Central America on an 11 month surf venture. I'm sure things have changed a lot but enjoy your time there and please post a report with pictures.

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 10:49:54 PM »
Trev Dog, a 1975, 11 month surf adventure through Central America? I can't even imagine what that was like but I am SOoooo jealous.

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 07:01:35 AM »
Had to be a epic trip Trev Dog! :clap: :clap: :clap:
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

bj

• East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 04:32:05 PM »
TD- Yeah we stay in Guerrero Negro one night . It's's near Scammons Lagoon. Then we head further south to San Ignacio Lagoon for a couple nights.
" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock

Trev Dog

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 05:43:33 PM »
Thanks BJ for verifying the town. The two of you will no doubt have a great time. Enjoy your vacation and please post pictures. Bill and Gary, yes it was epic! Me , my buddie Smiley Rose and my dog Scootch (Dalmation, Pointer mix with one black eye). We traveled in a 1972 Toyota Hilux truck with a camper shell, slept in hammocks when ever we could, surfed our brains out in Baja, the mainland, El Salvador and Costa Rica, saw a lot of differant cultures, beautiful countryside and ate all the differant foods of the places we went. I like to call it the great surf adventure. I also learned a great lesson about appreciating what we have here in this great country.